We believe that preschoolers are active learners. Roseville preschoolers are encouraged to challenge their minds as well as their fine and gross motor skills. This promotes self-confidence, self-esteem, and self-expression. All children are accepted as unique individuals.
Great Start Readiness (GSRP)
GSRP is a free full-day, state-funded preschool program. Classes are Monday-Thursday from 8:55-3:45 PM. Qualification is based on predetermined factors set by the Michigan Department of Education click here for income qualifications.
Who is eligible?
- Must meet at least 2 risk factors as determined by the MDE
- Macomb County Resident
- 4 years-old on or before September 1, 2019
- 16 students in a class
- Classes are Monday-Thursday
- Taught by a certified teacher and a certified associate teacher.
Early Childhood Special Education
ECSE is a special education program for preschool children ages 3-6. Children follow a typical preschool program designed to develop pre-academic skills and positive social relationships.
Who is eligible?
- Children must have an IEP (Individualized Education Program) stating that they are eligible for services
- Children do not need to be toilet trained
- Must be a Roseville resident
- 12 students per class
- Each class has a teacher and an assistant trained in special education
- Speech/language, occupational, physical and social work services are available as determined by the IEP
- Half day (M-F) 8:40-11:25 AM
- Half day (M-F) 12:55-3:40 PM
- Fall and Spring Conferences
- Bus transportation provided
Roseville Community Schools offers Diagnostic Kindergarten for students who are age appropriate for Kindergarten. However, the child is not ready for the curriculum demands of a traditional Kindergarten.
Recommendations for Diagnostic Kindergarten are based on developmental delays in language, learning, fine motor and gross motor skills and maturity.
- Full Day Program
- Small Class Sizes
- Bussing provided (in district only)
- Not a Special Education Program
- DK Students Will Go To All-Day Kindergarten
If you are interested in having your child evaluated for the Roseville Diagnostic Kindergarten Program, please contact the Roseville Community Schools Curriculum Office at (586) 445-5688.
18975 Church Street
Roseville, MI 48066
Phone: (586) 445-5724
Fax: (586) 445-5784
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.