Strong attendance leads to high achievement. Students with excellent attendance will be successful. Work to have less than six absences in an entire year!
Students are expected to arrive to all classes on time. Students entering up to 5 minutes late will be marked tardy. Students arriving after 5 minutes will be marked absent with a extended tardy.
It is extremely important that students and parents follow up on attendance. Excessive tardies or unexcused absences will lead to disciplinary consequences.
Absent Student? Need Homework?
Homework requests may be made for absences of three (3) days or more.
- A parent or legal guardian must call the attendance office at (586) 445-5610
- Allow 24 hours for processing.
- Teachers will be asked to send homework for 3 days. Once that work is completed and turned in, additional work may be requested.
- Textbooks cannot be gathered by teachers or staff; please make arrangements with your child.
- It is the responsibility of the student to gather and make up work missed during absences.
- Students serving a suspension may take their books with them as they leave, however homework will be available after the 24 hour timeline.
Homework is an essential part of learning. Please encourage your child to succeed by completing their work on time work on time.
Start of School Check In Procedures: Remember, school starts at 7:45 a.m., that is when stu- dents are to be seated in class. Students arriving after 7:45 a.m., will have to check in and receive a pass to proceed to class. Students that arrive late to school frequently will be issued appropriate attendance discipline.